Monday, July 21, 2008

The Next Food Network Star

Even when I was halfway across the world, walking around Greece in May, my mom still texted me about the new season of The Next Food Network Star. We had watched it last summer occasionally as re-runs, but knew we would be hooked for the new season. Every Sunday at 10 pm our TV stays on channel 43 as we cheer on our favorites during their cooking competitions. Different Food Network personalities present a challenge for the episode, and the contestants then strive to make good food and show off their television skills. The final winner will host his or her own show.

Recently, my mom and I have been surprised by the judges' decisions on who to send home. A few weeks ago, I had hoped that Kelsey and Shane would be the ultimate winners, possibly hosting a show together. Now they are both gone.

The judges threw us again last night when they couldn't choose who to send home: Aaron, Adam, or Lisa? Instead they're bringing all three to the final competition. It'll be a tough decision next week - each cook has strengths and weaknesses. I don't know who I like the best either - I just can't envision any of them hosting a successful and popular show on Food Network.

For more about the show, check out The Next Food Network Star.

Don't forget to watch next Sunday!

.

No comments: