Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Too many zucchini?

My family expanded our backyard garden this summer and started 3 zucchini plants besides the typical tomatoes and herbs. As one of my favorite vegetables, I couldn't wait to start picking them. And picking some more. And even more.

Now our whole counter seems to be covered with these green squash - and there's no end in sight. We've eaten it sauteed and stuffed, roasted and grilled, in sandwiches and with chocolate. All of these have been delicious in a different way.

I'm hoping to make zucchini bread, like banana bread, tomorrow, while my mom has plans for another (yes, she already made one) chocolate zucchini cake.

Even with the added chocolate chips and walnuts, I bet that this unique dessert has some nutritional value (or maybe I should keep wishing?). According to wikipedia, zucchini are low in calories while providing folate, potassium, vitamin A, and manganese.

Tomorrow I'll add photos of my plants to see how they look on this blog site.

No comments: